Monday, January 30, 2012

Is it worth working for Subway for 5-6 weeks?

I handed an application to Subway for a summer job in May, but haven't heard back until now, 8-ish weeks later. I go back to school in 5 weeks where I am a full time student. I've never had a job, but would it be worth going in and interviewing? I mean, I could apply somewhere nearby my school and it's only 5 weeks so I feel it's like a waste of time. They took damn forever.Is it worth working for Subway for 5-6 weeks?
Yea. Use the money for school shopping or supplies or something. Then when school starts back, see if they can rearrange your schedule to where you can work around the school hours.Is it worth working for Subway for 5-6 weeks?
I wouldn't. In order to quit and have a reference for your work you would need to put in your two weeks notice, which would be 3 weeks into working there. It wouldn't even be long enough really for you to understand the whole job or be competent at it. And though putting in a two weeks notice would make for a better reference. Quitting after only 5 weeks would more than likely make the manager not too happy with you, thus only giving you a mediocre reference at best. If a reference is not what you are worried about, then go for it.Is it worth working for Subway for 5-6 weeks?
Why would earning five weeks of income be a waste of time? You can't tell me that you don't need the money. Just make it clear to the manager that you will be leaving to go back to school in 5 weeks.Is it worth working for Subway for 5-6 weeks?
Yes, if you want that money, why not? It's not like you'd get far with subway, working 5 weeks or 5 years. Those type of places are used to high turnover.
Maybe... you would only be getting 3 pay checks tops, cause they pay every 2 weeks. But unless you got offered another job work for subway.

No comments:

Post a Comment