Monday, January 30, 2012

What to do after turning in an application?

im 16 and im filling applications out to McDonald's,subway,qdoba a lot of fast food places



1.im planning on turning them in tomorrow is there anything i should ask them?



2.i call them like a week later and say what?



i have no idea what to say so please help me with that

2 questions;; 2 answers please

THANKS(:What to do after turning in an application?
I would walk in and ask to speak to the manager. Let the manager know you want to work there and would like to leave off your application. When you go in, make sure it's a quiet time of the day. Don't go when it's busy. Be prepared for an on the spot interview. Wear you nice clothes. No studs or piercings........ DURING your interview you can ask about flexible schedules - don't do it before... You might leave a bad first impression.



Wait one week and go back in to do your follow up. Don't call. Go in person. Again, wear your nice clothes and speak to the manager. Let him/her know how much you want this job. Let that person know you have already dropped off your application. Ask if he or she might need any additional information from you.



Good luck. Be confident. And, be yourself.......What to do after turning in an application?
Alright, well hopefully I can help you. I would start with asking if they are hiring, and even if they aren't you may as well give it a shot. Personally I would ask if the schedules are flexible. Example, I work at McDonald's and whenever I want the weekend off or even a whole week off I am able to do so by writing it down 2 weeks in advance. You could call or visit the restaurant and ask to speak to a manager and say "Hi, my name is _______ and I submitted an application (whenever) and i was wondering if you received it and what the status of it is."



I may not be a big help since i only experienced this once but i hope i could help.

No comments:

Post a Comment