Friday, January 27, 2012

Job application (Subway) How long should I wait?

Hi all!

Recently I submitted an application to Subway because an employee there said they were hiring for the summer and on. I picked up an application and went in about 2 days later dressed neatly and met the manager. I introduced myself and she said she will review the application with the others. I was slightly downed by how she responded but that's life. Okay, so about 3 days later I give a call to the restaurant and ask if she has had time to review my application. She says she hasn't looked over them but she will look over them tomorrow. Two days later I call back and she says she said she was looking over them that instance I called so she suggested I call back tomorrow. I do that but apparently she went on vacation. Okay, everyone needs a break right? Well she gets back 5 days later. I give her a call (I really should have went in) and she says the hiring manager is coming in to look at them in a couple of days. I haven't heard anything since and it has been about a day since the hiring manager has "came in".



What should I do?

Should I give a call and ask how my application is doing and ask when the decision will be made?

I really want this job.

Thanks!Job application (Subway) How long should I wait?
quit calling... ive had a lot of crappy jobs, and been the shift leader for many... i absolutely hated when peopled called to check in on an application, hated it.. it was disruptive lazy, and inconvenient... next time go down and 'check' in on it.. before you go in write down your name, the fact your checking on your application, the date, and your contact number either on a sticky note or a flash card that way you can quickly and conveniently remind them of your information and hand that to whoever you talk to leave in the office the owner/manager to see.



ask them if they knew when the next time the hiring manager would be in, so that way you can make a point to check in when the person who does make the decision will actually be there..



it very well be that what your application says you offer isn't what they are looking for... they may be looking for someone with more open availability (if your only available during certain times), or someone who has more experience, or someone with more qualifications...



its tough out there right now, even for the crappy jobs

No comments:

Post a Comment