Thursday, February 23, 2012

I need help finding a job?

Well I'm 16 and I'm looking for my first job here in New York. I applied yesterday online to Best Buy, Target, Dunkin' Donuts, and Subway. I heard bad things, however, about how the online applications work and how they're basically rigged. How long should I wait for a call? I need my job by the start of June or July since I'm need of money badly right now and would like something to do over the summer other than the "usual". Should I go around town and ask if stores are hiring, or call instead to see if they received my application? And if so, how should I ask/what should i say? Sorry for all the questions, as you can tell, I'm a bit worried.I need help finding a job?
The online applications aren't rigged, but if you don't have any prior experience, they'll hire people with experience before they hire you. You could call them once but don't be a pest, if you call more than one time they'll get irritated with you.



You should go to your local unemployment office. They usually have work counselors there who can help guide you to your first job.



The best way for a young person like yourself to get a job is to talk to adults you know, see if they know anyone and if they would recommend you. If you don't have experience, a personal recommendation will get you in the door.



Good luck!I need help finding a job?
Well, if that's your first job maybe you should try this site about New York trainee jobs.I need help finding a job?
The best way these days to find a retail or fast food job is to visit the stores in person before you submit your online job application. That way you make personal contact with the people who are hoping to have their company find someone worthy of the job openings and it gives you a chance to network with these people. If you call after applying it won't do you any good unless it's a franchise owned business like Mcdonalds or Subway.



Get dressed in decent clothing, visit the store of your choice and ask to speak to the manager. Be polite and tell the person that you are hoping to be considered for an open position and you wanted to meet with them before you applied. Ask them straight up if there is anything you can do to give yourself a better chance at getting hired. thank them for their time and let them know you will be applying online and following up on your application thereafter.

No comments:

Post a Comment