Monday, February 20, 2012

Why won't places hire me?

I've put numerous application into target, subway, McD's! My hours were 6pm to close (which is 10 or 11) Mon- Fri. I've called and said they will call me for an interview. No one has! On my next applications should I put Fri-Sun? What should I do?!Why won't places hire me?
Your availability is probably *the* reason you aren't getting any call backs.



If you are applying for jobs in retail or fast food, you absolutely need to have weekend hours available--closing shifts (so don't try to only work on Saturday mornings so you can go party on the weekends). Availability is one of the main things they look at when even considering whether to interview a candidate.



Weekends are the busiest time for those industries, and it doesn't make any sense for them to hire people who don't want to work the weekends when they can find people who will. Managers have no use for people with such limited availability.



I used to work at a Target, and we wouldn't even consider anyone who wasn't available to close every day in the weekend. Even your weekday availability is pretty limited for Target (never worked for a Subway or McD's, so I can't say). Our closing shifts were usually 4 or 5 to close. So it would help out a lot if you were more available on the weekdays, too.



I would just fill out new applications. They probably trashed your old ones.Why won't places hire me?
Most places require at least some hours on Saturday if not two days of the weekend. Plus your hours are sort of limited and if there is someone who is willing to work more hours, then they will be calling the other person back. McD's usually close around midnight to one usually. I'd just put in a new application.
Just keep calling they will get the point that you really want the job also allot of shifts start at 4 or 5 so you would be coming in later then everyone else. you need to put on there that you can work every other weekend if you can these types of places don't believe in m-f 9-5Why won't places hire me?
All of the places that you applied are busiest during the weekends and everybody that works there already wants weekends off. New hires are expected to work nights and weekends. Change your availability and you might get a call back.
It may be that your competing with alot of applicants. You should try putting together a resume or cover letter. It might help you get to the front of the line. See some examples here if you need help.Why won't places hire me?
If I were you, I would call the Companies and see what's up with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment