Thursday, February 23, 2012

Beginning to get discouraged. Do you think I'll get this job?

I applied for a job at Subway back in August. I gave my application to the shift manager, and she advised me to keep checking in because a new restaurant was opening in October.



A couple weeks later I checked in, but the shift manager had stepped out for about an hour. I left my name and phone number with an employee.



Two weeks after that, I went in again. The shift manager was there this time, and she seemed very pleased with me for checking in. She told me no one else had been checking in with her. She told me she would forward my name to the hiring manager, and I let her know that I was looking for either full or part-time work and had open availability. (I had originally applied for part-time night and weekend work.)



It's been two weeks and a day since then and I haven't gotten a call from them. Should I check in again? Do you think I'll get this job? Is there such a thing as checking in too often?



I'm just tired of waiting and getting a little discouraged. I've filled out 35+ applications since May and have only got calls back from two, and both of those fell through. My bills are piling up. It would be great to hear other opinions.Beginning to get discouraged. Do you think I'll get this job?
I know how it is trying to find employment. But keep this in mind - by you being persistent, you're at least showing them you're interested in the job. Employers like that. Just keep at it, but also keep an eye on other jobs too.



Good luck!Beginning to get discouraged. Do you think I'll get this job?
Stop in or call tomorrow when they open up. Dont give up!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment