Thursday, February 23, 2012

What's a job that a sixteen year old should get?

I'm sixteen and i've never had a job before. I'm thinking about working at Winn Dixie, Subway, or this grocery store called LaBlance Payless.



What's it like working as a cashier or bag girl. What about subway? Anymore ideas?



I mainly need the money to help my mom out with bills and my sister and I need school supplies and Uniforms. I'd like a job that will look good on my college applications, but would also pay enough to assist my mom in what ever financial situtation she may be having.



I want to keep the job throughout my Junior year of High School too.



Where did you work for your first job and what was it like?



Oh, i live in Louisiana. I need places that are close by.



I'd also like to work where i can get benefits like an employee's discount.What's a job that a sixteen year old should get?
Bless you for wanting to help out.

Being a cashier or a bag person means that you'll have to put up with the public, who can be a little unreasonable at times. The best thing to do is to go along with them, don't argue, and they'll go away.

I'm in Illinois so I can't help you with any specific locations, but I hope this advice helps you. Good luck to you sweetheart.What's a job that a sixteen year old should get?
Publix is one of the few companies who offer benefits to part-time employees. Constantly rated in the Forbes top 50 of best companies to work for. Good luck.



Ps-have your mom check with Department of Family services to see if y'all qualify for free/low cost healthcare.
Try applying to your County offices, sub offices for after school and summer work. You can start by filing and work your way into more responsibilities according to your skills.

The county usually welcomes and encourages students to work with them.

Another option, if you have an indoor pool in your area, get certified for Lifesaving and be a Guard year round. No discounts though, sorry.What's a job that a sixteen year old should get?
When I was your age, I worked at McDonald's.



It sucked!!



Go for the grocery store.
My first job was working at the grocery store as a cashier. If you work for the right store and they treat you nice, its fun! I had to quit my store because they kept cutting hours! Then while I was working my one job, during the easter and christmas holiday I would do the bunny or santa booths in the mall, taking pictures and putting the kids on the laps. It was fun, if you like kids! Then I worked at a clothing store, that was my favorite job out of them all, but I had to leave because I had to concentrate on school. When I worked there I got 50% off anything in that store, then other stores at the outlets would give me something off, also the sister stores of my store that I worked at would give me 30% off. Good Luck!What's a job that a sixteen year old should get?
When I was sixteen, I started working at a sub shop. (Not Subway, but similar) I found it was quite nice. I'm not sure if Subway gets you a discount, but I'm guessing you would, and free food is always good.

I also have a couple friends who started at McDonald's at age 16, and they enjoyed it.

One of my friends got a job as a seating hostess at a restaurant.
First job was in a kitchen at a golf course when I was 15....suxs!! Then a grocery store, bag boy and cart collector, not bad except in the winter....gettin carts in the snow is no fun. Then Media Play as a cashier, this was awesome, discount on books/movies/music/games. Good stuff....try for a cashiers job, usually pays a little more, and it is not hard at all.
Yardwork like mowing lawns or pulling weeds.
Good for you!



Where I live, in Central Pennsylvania, a lot of the high school kids around your age work as camp counselors or lifeguards in the summer. No employee's discount, though!



Good luck in your quest.

No comments:

Post a Comment