Thursday, February 16, 2012

For past employment on an application should I put a job I was fired from?

It was my only job (Subway) though I have been baby sitting the same child for 4 yrs. Now every time I have an interview if I lie and say that I have never had a job they make a big deal out of it. "And you've never had a job?" That is the same thing I was told when I was 16 and trying to get my first job. I am tired of hearing that, every body has to start some where. So I guess I am wondering is it better to say I have never had a job or to put Subway and lie about getting fired? Should I be honest about getting fired, it was a bull reason, but I don't want to complain to a possible employer about how much of an idiot a previous employer was. Do they even call previous employers?



THANXFor past employment on an application should I put a job I was fired from?
I was in sort of the same position 5 years ago. I left it off my resume, since it was only 6 days and their only reason was "It's just not working out." But like you, I had another (actually two) that had been ongoing, so there was no gap in my resume. If they pester you with the never had a job thing, explain to them your responsibilities of baby-sitting and how long you've been doing it. Be positive and say that yes, I have been working as a baby-sitter and consider it an important job, taking care of another human life. I believe my strengths and experience would be an asset because of *foo*.

Stuff like that. Practice it a lot in front of a mirror.For past employment on an application should I put a job I was fired from?
I got fired from Subway for a stupid reason too. I was young and decided not to ever put it on a resume. It worked for me, but if you're getting alot of questions about it I would just put it there and tell them the truth..



good luckFor past employment on an application should I put a job I was fired from?
Yes, so on an application simply put on a job.For past employment on an application should I put a job I was fired from?
They will find out if you don't put it anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment