Thursday, February 9, 2012

I just got a call from Subway about an interview, did the conversation go wrong?

I just got a call from the manager at my local Subway. I had applied there a few weeks ago, and she asked if I was still interested in the job and I said yeah, obviously.



So she asked when I could come in to talk to her, and I said tomorrow after school. Then she asked "So you don't work tomorrow after school?" Because on my application, I was currently working at McDonalds. I quit about 2 weeks ago.



I said no. Then she asked if I worked Wednesday because she was aware I worked at McDonalds, and I said no. Then I figured that I should state that I didn't work there no more, so I did. She said "Oh, so you quit working there?" And I told her yes.



She finally said to come in right after school tomorrow. But here is what I'm worried about, I think she thought I was lying about working.



Or I'm worried that she doesn't like that fact that I quit my last job without being hired somewhere else.





What do you think? And what could I say if she asks why I quit working? (I did because I despised the job. I worked with negative and rude people.)I just got a call from Subway about an interview, did the conversation go wrong?
I think if you had lied, it would have backfired. It's probably best that you told the truth. I think if she hadn't liked what you said, she probably wouldn't have asked you to come in! Soooo, lots of luck on your interview tomorrow! Have a great dayI just got a call from Subway about an interview, did the conversation go wrong?
Be honest. Emphasize the fact that the people you worked with were worse than the job itself, and I hope you gave a two week notice at McDonald's rather than just walking away.
  • things to do in dc
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment