Thursday, February 9, 2012

For the people who work or have worked at Subway!?

Ok so I'm currently looking for a job and a local subway is hiring. The only thing is, I'm a bit shy so I wouldn't want to be in the front making the sandwiches just yet. I'd like to do " back of the house work" so to speak My question is for those who work at Subway or have. Are there any positions where you can work in the back just prepping and baking the bread? If so what is this position called? I'd like to mention this on the application. Thanks! Serious answers only please.For the people who work or have worked at Subway!?
nope, they bake the bead right in back of where the servers make the sandwichs

and the manager on duty generally makes the decision on who bakes the bread, they ran out once and lost about 200 woth of business ( angry people , myself included walked out ) during a luch rushFor the people who work or have worked at Subway!?
No, you will definitely be up front making sandwiches, but...



I'm a pretty shy person myself, I was extremely nervous when I started working there and they put me up front right away, but it really isn't that bad. You ask the same few questions to the customers over and over for a minute or two and then the customer is gone.



I really wouldn't let that hold your shyness hold you back from applying. You want to get people in and out as soon as possible, your not there to socialize. Who knows, it might make you open up a bit more in other parts of life.
I think you should give it a go at Subway. While every chain is different, I manage one in a small town and we all enjoy working there. Maybe the pay is not great, but these days its a job!!!!

They will train you on every aspect of the job and you will have to work out front. Jobs are rotated evenly. No one enjoys it the first time but believe me, you WILL get bored doing just prep and cleaning! I think very quickly you will find that interaction with (the nice!!!!) customers is entertaining and can be great fun. Good luck :)For the people who work or have worked at Subway!?
Unfortunately the only job offered at Subway is Sandwich Artist. You have to prep, clean, make sandwiches, and bake bread. Try working at Wal Mart, where you can just get a job as a stocker.



Good luck
No I don't think so. But even though your shy you can still go about your work and only talk to people when you need to, then when you get to know them you should open up.



Goodluck



Answer mine?

http://au.answers.yahoo.com/question/ind鈥?/a>For the people who work or have worked at Subway!?
Y not work at a different fast food place then? If you dont like fliping greesy burgers y not try quiznos tim hortans, pizza hut(or other pizza places) or arbys etc. Restaurants like boston pizza, kelseys, montanas, etc higher prep cooks that just chop veggies and stuff...
No. You're more or less stuck at the front of house in the position of Sandwich Artist. With crap hours and lousy wages, Subway really isn't a great job. Maybe do a retail course to improve your confidence?
no sorry there isnt such position available... maybe you should try somewhere like pizzahut or something until you can get your confidence up
McDonalds will make you the fry man or the burger flipper. I suggest you try there.

No comments:

Post a Comment