Monday, February 13, 2012

I'm going to school in NY for few weeks.. is there an app for traveling on the subways and not getting lost?

I'm taking a four week course in Manhattan and staying with roomies. But the roomies have things to do and I'm on my own. Is there an iphone application OR internet website that I can use while I travel so I can't get lost - as well as tour the city? I especially need help with the subway! Thanks!I'm going to school in NY for few weeks.. is there an app for traveling on the subways and not getting lost?
The link below will be very helpful. You can download a subway app from this site.



If you still need old fashion travel direction to anywhere in the city, just drop me a line by clicking on the avatar and e-mail icon in the profile. I be glad to help.



Good luck

Native New Yorker and daily commuterI'm going to school in NY for few weeks.. is there an app for traveling on the subways and not getting lost?
There are a lot! Just search NYC Subway Map and you'll find tons of applications for it.I'm going to school in NY for few weeks.. is there an app for traveling on the subways and not getting lost?
omg yes there are so many just go to your iphone or ipod and type in city or type in subways map and you should get a billion hits but the only thing is you might need wifi to acess these things have fun the city is greatI'm going to school in NY for few weeks.. is there an app for traveling on the subways and not getting lost?
I have an app called NYC Subway, and it's okay, but it doesn't zoom out very far, and it doesn't have a street map. You're better off maybe going to the Strand at 12th and Broadway (near Union Square--N/Q/R/W/4/5/6 lines) and getting a little purse/pocket Manhattan MiniMap. It has the subway map superimposed over the street map, and you can fold out different sections. It doesn't go above 115th Street, but I have never gone that far north anyway.



But if you look on iTunes you might find a subway app you like better.
In the subway there are maps of the whole system. Just getting out and taking a bus around gives you a feel for the city than going underground if you are not in a hurry.

No comments:

Post a Comment