Monday, February 6, 2012

Confused about calories in subway's veggie delite salad? Easy 10 points?

So the nutrition information on the subway website says that a veggie delite salad is 50 calories. But I looked at the nutritional information for the individual vegetables that I have on my salad, and almost all of them are listed as 0 calories (only tomatoes and onions have 5 calories but I don't have any tomatoes on my salad)



I'm not using dressing, so shouldn't my salad be only 5 calories based off of this? Do you think the nutritional info for the salad counts dressing as part of it? Thank you



Also, here's the links to the information to anyone who wants to check:

Salads - http://www.subway.com/applications/Nutri鈥?/a>

Vegetables - http://www.subway.com/applications/Nutri鈥?/a>Confused about calories in subway's veggie delite salad? Easy 10 points?
It doesn't include dressing, only meat and veggies. The 0 calories applies to the amount of veggies they put on your sandwich; they give you more in a salad. The 0 calories is also deceptive; pickles don't have 0 calories, for instance. Lettuce does have some calories, not much. I suspect it's an addition of the *true* nutritional content based on how much you put in the salad versus how much they put on your sandwich.
  • traffic cameras
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment