Monday, February 13, 2012

How long will it take an employer to call back after hiring you?

A local Subway restaurant was having open interviews Saturday though Tuesday. I showed up Saturday and hired on the spot. It is now Wednesday and I have not received a call. I know they have a lot of applications to look through to decide who else to hire, but this is my first job and I'm kind of nervous.How long will it take an employer to call back after hiring you?
If they hired you on the spot then maybe you should call them back inquiring about when you start working. If they didn't hire you yet, sometimes it takes as long as a week.



I actually got hired once a month after the interview (to my surprise, obviously). In your situation though, since you got hired, I'd call them. You can wait a couple of more days though before you do that... give it a week from the interview before you call.How long will it take an employer to call back after hiring you?
I would go ahead and give them a call as soon as possible. Maybe they misplaced your information. Be polite and professional and call and explain you were there Saturday and that you were offered a position by [name of person].How long will it take an employer to call back after hiring you?
When you were "hired on the spot" did they tell you when to report for work or tell you the would be calling you? I'm guessing you misunderstood and were not actually hired.

No comments:

Post a Comment