Monday, February 13, 2012

I got no work experience what can I put in for references?

I,m 22 form Brooklyn new york and I got no work experiences I'm trying to apply for jobs like subways,Wendy's and Mcdonalds in the subway application they don't want list of family member the only guy who I could in the the manager that works at Palace Fried Chicken %26amp; Pizzeria a cross the street I know him for 5 years already but I haven't did any work like cooking or delivery and cashier what I did was going to apartment to apartment sliding flyers under the door that's all.I think that if they give him a call the other managers would get turn off because they want to see if I have an actual experience and I don't on these applications they ask for two or 3 References I probably got one only I got no nobody else to put and I can't put friends because I don't got any.I got no work experience what can I put in for references?
It doesn't have to be a friend, just someone who knows you. How about a neighbor? Someone who knows you from school and could provide a character reference? Someone from your church, if you're part of one? Someone your parents know who thinks well of you and is willing to say so if they ask them for you?



Definitely put down the manager of the Palace, you went door to door for him and that's real work.



Have you done any volunteer work? That'll look good on a resume if you don't have work experience to put down. Maybe you could go do some while you're looking for work, meet some people, make some friends...and make sure that everyone you meet knows your name and knows you're looking for work.I got no work experience what can I put in for references?
teachers from the past, someone from church



if you have no work experience, then personal references are all you can provide - use your 5 yr friend from the Chicken/Pizza place

No comments:

Post a Comment