Thursday, February 16, 2012

Does this garautee me the job what can it mean?

I applyed for a job at subway a couple of weeks ago and I called the manager to whom I gave my application to yesterday. he told me he would speak to the district manager about it and get back to me in a day or two, I thought the manager was the one who hires you why does he need the district manager, is this a good thing or is it possible that he's giving me the runaround.Does this garautee me the job what can it mean?
Yes. There are district managers for Subway.

I am a training manager for a large franchise. Some franchises have over 50 stores. It is difficult if not impossible to have an organization that size without upper management.



The original idea was for owners to have 1 or 2 but it has become something different. Most Subways now are owned by people with several other stores.



In our franchised we always conduct 2 interviews. This helps ensure we are getting the right people and lowers turnover. Our managers are not allowed to hire someone without a 2nd interview from another manager.



The manager at the store you went to is not giving you the run around. It would be easier to say they are not hiring right now than to mess with you. They probable do have to bring the D.M. in for the final OK. The D.M. (district manager) will be in charge of 7 - 10 other stores and it may take some time.



Check back every couple of days. This really shows your commitment to getting the job.

Good luck!Does this garautee me the job what can it mean?
There's a chance he's giving you the runaround, but more than likely he's being truthful with you. I was in the same situation, except my manager was actually vocal with the fact that she didn't want to hire me. Then whenever the assistant manager gave my resume to the district manager, the DM made my manager hire me. Keep your head up, I'm sure it'll all work out!Does this garautee me the job what can it mean?
Run-a-round!! Keep looking. Sorry to bring you bad news, but good luck on your job search.



P.S. Look at other countries if you have desirable skills, the economy is better and opportunities are more likely to exist. China, Middle East are wonderful opportunities.Does this garautee me the job what can it mean?
You're getting the run around.

Try applying to other Subways. Another location may be in desperate need of somebody to work.

You could be in the right place at the right time.
Subways are franchise network. Each store is owned by single owner or group. There is no such thing as a district manager in Subways.

No comments:

Post a Comment