Thursday, February 16, 2012

Who should I list under "references" on a job application?

I'm a teenager and its the first time I'm applying for a job that I am more serious about (I only applied one other time, but I was 15, and not many places hire 15 year olds in my area). Its for Subway that's sort of small and from what my sister said, they will hire easily.

I have no idea who to list as references though! I know I'll probably list my mom's good friend who is a pretty good friend of the family and my one teacher that I have that knows I'm a good student and I'm going to have her for two more years, but I need a third.

Am I thinking right for listing a teacher or should I list somebody else? I'm not really close with any of my friend's parents or anything. Any ideas? Thanks!Who should I list under "references" on a job application?
I did a lot of volunteer work before I got my job, so I asked the people I volunteered for (the state fair, a soup kitchen, for the police department and as a tutor) if I could list them. It showed I am trustworthy (police department), that I can help people by answering their questions (state fair), that I am compassionate (soup kitchen), and that I could do basic math and have patience (tutor). Look for references that will prove you are what they are looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment