Thursday, February 16, 2012

Job application question?

I've never had a job before (much less applied for one) i'm looking into part-time at a small place such as McDonald's, Subway, Starbucks or those types of places. They are asking me how many hours I'm willing to work/availble and giving me days of the weeks to list each day. What should I put, I want to sound like I'm willing to work a good amount but I don't want too many hours (seeing as i'm part-time) and I don't wanna work saturday or sunday (due to i have church activities on those days) so what should I put approx.?Job application question?
Generally, part-time is considered 20 hours per week or less. Remember that it costs the company money to train new employees so if you write in too few hours you may not get hired because it will not be worth their training costs.



I suggest starting at 10-15 hours per week. Good luck!Job application question?
Put the days you want to work. Most employers requre you to work week ends though. I hope you find a really good first job. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment