Friday, February 3, 2012

I filled out a job application last week and have a few questions?

i applied at subway, and have a few questions

how long will it take them to call me?



should i call them?

if so how long should i wait before i do, and what should i say?I filled out a job application last week and have a few questions?
It is hard to give you an exact answer, because it does vary.



I have never personally applied for a job at Subway before. However, I was a hiring manager for a local retail store a few years ago.



When you applied for a job, did you just stop in and drop off an application or did you respond to a now hiring sign in their window? If they are actively hiring, you should likely get a call in a week or so. Many companies like to collect a bunch of applications first and then go through to find the best candidates to schedule job interviews with.



If you just stopped by and filled out an application, they might not be hiring right now. In this case, it all depends on when they do need to hire a worker. It would be in one week, it could be in one month, or it could be even longer.



Of course, you have to deemed a good candidate for the job to get a call for an interview. Submitting an application does not guarantee that you will get a call back or even a job interview.



I would probably say that if you don't hear back from Subway in about one week, it would be okay to call and check on the status of your application. Just be sure to keep in mind their busy times (don't call during the lunch or dinner rush times).I filled out a job application last week and have a few questions?
I would wait about a week, then call them up and ask to speak to the manager. Say "Hello, my name is John Smith and I dropped off an employment application last week. I was curious where you were in the hiring process and if we could schedule a face-to-face interview."

No comments:

Post a Comment